Friday, February 25, 2011

Big Brother Is Watching

In the novel 1984 Big Brother is always watching them through the video screens everywhere.  Either writing or thinking is the only way you can have privacy.  Today in our society we are starting to see that we have to give up some freedoms for our security and safety.  After 9/11 our world change completely, and we have to give up some of our privacy to ensure our safety.  The Patriot Act was enacted shortly after 9/11 by the Bush administration.  Some people complained because it is similar to "Big Brother" because gov't officials could tap into phone calls if they were some kind of risk or other key word warning that enacted an alert.  People said this was an intrusion of privacy, and while it sort of is, if you have nothing to hide then what is the big deal.  Also, this past year the TSA are now able to pat you down and give you searches that may make some people very uncomfortable.  There was a big issue raised because it once again invaded your privacy.  My viewpoint of that is if this stops bombs from being put on planes, or other threats then I have no problem with that.  I would rather be alive then having a few privacies lost


This link is a parody that 99.3 Kiss FM in Harrisburg has played about the TSA thing.  It is pretty funny in my opinion.  Hopefully the link works, I had some trouble with it sometimes, but I think I got it fixed.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you said, if you have nothing to hide then it's not a big deal. It's just something we have to do to be safe.

    ReplyDelete