Thursday, January 27, 2011

Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Bradley Weaver, but I go with Brad for the most part.  I am 22 years old and from New Holland which is in Lancaster County.  I am a senior management major with a concentration in Human Resources, and will be graduating in May of this year.  My interests include playing basketball and softball, watching pretty much any kind of sport (favorite teams are the Flyer, Eagles, Phillies, and the Lakers), playing video games, and just going out and having fun with all of my friends.  I really enjoy any kind of music minus heavy metal and music that includes screaming.  Rap/Hip-hop and country are probably my favorite 2 types of music.

I have an internship with Hershey Entertainment and Resorts as the HR intern for the food/beverage and ride operations office.  I also have been landscaping the past 4 summer for my summer job to earn some extra cash.  On campus, I work at the Shippensburg University Phone-a-thon and have been working there for about 3 semesters now.

The reason I took this class is mainly because it satisfies my last gen. ed. that I need to graduate, and the last book I read was probably Bleachers by John Grisham.  I like almost all John Grisham books and he is definitely my favorite author.  I do not have much knowledge about literature, and I probably haven't taken a literature class since high school.  Literature to me is kind of boring other then the occasional book I pick up and cannot put down until I finish it.  I would like to read more, but with my internship, my second job, and 5 classes there really isn't that much time in between for leisure reading.  Hopefully after graduation I can start reading for leisure again, and start enjoying books rather then hating textbooks!  Hope you all enjoyed my little introduction, feel free to leave comments if you want to learn any more about me.

3 comments:

  1. I am also a senior management major and I love the philadelphia eagles, but I can't say the same about the other philly teams! I love mystery books too and can't wait to read John Grisham sometime. I agree with yoou I can't wait to be able to enjoy some leisure reading when graduation comes around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the Eagles and the Phillies. Cliff Lee is my favorite! I bet you can't wait to graduate, I still have two years to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also took this class to satisfy my english gen ed credits. I don't mind reading or critical thinking so I thought this class would be fun to take. So far It's been pretty interesting and I can't wait for more discussions

    ReplyDelete